MAC MAC address (Media Access Control address )or sometime called the physical address is basically the unique number that identifies the hardware. It is used for the network communication as it is consider as a network address.
MAC addresses are mostly assigned by the manufacturer of network interface controller and it is stored in the memory that is read only memory. Mac address is divided into six group of two hexadecimal digits separated by hypen(-). There is some other stander notation as well in which hexadecimal digits are separated by colons.
There are different ways to find mac address of the device
1. MAC address through Command Prompt:
Command prompt allows you to get physical address of the device by entering the following command
- Go the start menu
- Type cmd , press enter
2. command prompt will appear
3.Type getmac and press enter , you will get the following screen
2. MAC address through Wifi or ethernet connection
The other way of getting physical address is when you are connected to wifi or ethernet
- Right Click on the local area network connection or where the wifi signal are present.
- Open network and sharing center
- Click on Available connected and Wifi Status box will be open
- click on the details button over there
- Now you can see the mac address in the form of physical address
In this way you can get the physical address of your device and get connected to the networks where mac addresses get filtered.
Hope you guys have follow these simple steps and get your task fulfilled. if you find this useful kindly share with others as well 🙂